Thursday, June 26, 2008

Palette, Sexy RPMs and 30,000+ Visitors

I had an online C Assessment Test at Wipro two days back, which went pretty well. There were 40 questions to be answered in one and a half hours. Most of the questions were the typical "What is the output of this program?" kinds that tests your understanding of the concepts and the quirks of the language, rather than your programming skills. So you probably wouldn't fare too well in the test if you thought the size of a structure containing two char members is 2 bytes or that int (*ptr)[3] was an array of integer pointers.

Anyway, with that test out of the way now, I will hopefully have a couple of weeks to myself until I officially start work.

Some days back I came up with this very crappy piece of art using Karthik's oil pastels. Now if I was as popular as Bob Dylan or Paul McCartney people would probably buy that for millions of dollars, but sadly I'm not.

I wanted to make something more presentable out of it, so I back-lit the drawing using two emergency lamps (to highlight the whites) and took photos of different sections of the drawing.


I finally selected two images I liked and overlayed them to get this final result —


Speaking of oil pastels, you should check out Karthik's latest drawing of The Incredible Hulk. It's damn good! The movie was good too, far better than the other movies I've seen at the theaters recently — Speed Racer, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and The Happening.


In other news, I was trying to get my printer (it's a HP LaserJet 1020) to work on Fedora 8. Apart from installing foo2zjs, I had marked the HPLIP package for update, but for some reason Yum Extender marked all packages for which updates were available and began processing the queue. While the queue was being processed, a couple of packages caught my attention. Click the thumbnail on the left to see what I mean.

Amusing. I had no idea such packages existed.

Oh and by the way, this blog has now received over 30,000 unique visitors!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

お客様の壁紙は、抽象的です。を私は、実際の仕事をすることはありませんので壁紙のため、ビジー状態です。ていない限り、デスクトップのアイコンは無料、それはそれはきれいです。そうでなければ、少し変なことがあります。

および Linux!その1つを使用してみたいんですが、あまりにも変な人々と低い知能指数のような複雑なのよ。

Anonymous said...

I like the Palette...I am using it as my Wallpaper.

Asmita Nandedkar said...

man this reminds me of school and coloring days! my favorite pass time.. Btw, that is an awesome wall paper :)

Varun Abhiram said...

Pablo -- LOL Japanese comments huh :) Yeah, it IS kinda busy... the grungy effect was lost when I tried making it more subtle, so I left it the way it was.

Viggy -- Glad you liked it!

Asmita -- Hehe reminded me of the good 'ol school days too, and the drawing itself is like something a 3yr old would have done :P